12 April 2018
Regione Lombardia, Pirelli Building. Gaber Auditorium
Entrance: Piazza Duca d'Aosta 3, Milan - Map
Registration from 5:00 pm
Due to security reasons, a metal detector check point will be present at the entrance. Any metallic object will be kept by the security personnel. In order to avoid queues, participants are invited to show up in advance.
6 - 7:30 pm
Round Table: Fostering startup-friendly ecosystems
Startuppers, investors and public administration officials share opinions and ideas aimed at fostering a favourable environment for the creation and development of new and successful enterprises, especially regarding young people's business ideas.
- Mariarosa Scarlata - Assistant Professor University of Surrey
- Alessandro Mattinzoli - Regional councilor for economic development, Lombardy Region
- Cristina Tajani - City councilor for labour market policies, Municipality of Milan
- Massimiano Tellini - Global Head Circular Economy, Intesa Sanpaolo Bank
- Julia W. Sze - Impact Investment Strategy Advisor, Arabella Advisors
- Matteo Pedrini - Corporate Strategy Professor, Università Cattolica; Vice Director, ALTIS
- Alessandro Bruni - Business innovation specialist, Naima
- Duncan Onyango - East Africa Director; Acumen Fund East Africa
7.30 - 9.00 pm
13 April 2018
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Largo Gemelli 1, Milan - Map
Registration from 8.30 am
Room G127 – Pio XI
Morning (from 8:45 am)
Pitches (finalist teams)
Each team introduces its business idea to an international jury. They evaluate its economical sustainability (return on investments and scalability) and the social or environmental impact it generates.
The audience votes their favourite business idea through their own device: the winner gets the People's Choice Award and Quick Pitch Award (US$ 2,500).
Afternoon (from 2 pm)
- Franco Anelli - Dean, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Attilio Fontana - President, Regione Lombardia
- Mario Molteni - Professor of Business Administration and Corporate Strategy, Università Cattolica and CEO of E4Impact Foundation
- Massimiliano Magrini - Founder and Managing Partner, United Ventures | Learn more
- Matteo Alessi - Board Member, Alessi | Learn more