Master in Strategic Management for Global Business - SMGB
How to apply
- A minimum three-year university degree
Completion of an undergraduate degree, obtained after a minimum of 3 years of study (180 ECTS). If you have undertaken less than 15 years of total schooling, you are not eligible for admission to a graduate program.
Applicants may have various backgrounds with a preference for students from Business Administration, Economics or Engineering studies.
- English Proficiency
Students are requested to prove an excellent knowledge of the English language. Applicants whose first language is not English will need either: have a TOEFL iBT* overall score of at least 80, or an Academic IELTS overall score of at least 6.0; other certificates may be considered as well.
Having attended a full bachelor degree in English can be considered as well as a proof of your English fluency. However, all applicants will have to pass a selection interview in English.
*Cattolica's TOEFL institution code is 2605
- Strong motivation, managerial and entrepreneurial orientation and mindset as well as interest in the topics of sustainability, CSR, impact entrepreneurship, internationalization and innovative businesses will add value to your candidacy.
A good GMAT or GRE score (not compulsory) will facilitate the access to scholarship opportunities.
Applicants with an Italian Bachelor only
Please complete the on-line Application form.
(Register with your name and surname as they are written in the passport or identity card).
All other applicants
(Non-E.U, Italian but with an international qualification, and other E.U. citizens)
Complete the on-line Application form.
Required documents for all applicants
Documents listed from point 1 to 7 are compulsory.
Applications will be evaluated only after all compulsory documents have been delivered.
- Copy of Bachelor's Degree certificate
- Transcripts of Bachelor
Accepted in English, Italian, French, Portuguese and Spanish. Applicants that have not concluded their Bachelor degree yet, should send the most updated transcripts.
- Updated CV in English
- Motivational essay, in English
In this document (min 1 - max 2 pages), candidates should state the reasons (personal, professional etc) for their application to the program.
If wishing to apply for a scholarship, candidates should explain their motives here.
- One letter of reference
The letter must be completed by a university professor or by a current/recent employer who knows the applicant well, and should contain specific and relevant details about the candidate's abilities and performance.
The letter can be sent via e-mail (scanned) but must be written on the referee’s institution or company letterhead paper, must be hand- signed and must report the referee’s contact details (mail and direct phone). Accepted in English or Italian.
- Copy of passport (for international students) or Identity card (for Italian citizens)
- Passport-size photo
- Certificate of English language proficiency (if available)
- Other documents
Any additional document to better qualify the candidate’s profile can be added to the application (GMAT, GRE, additional Masters or courses certificates etc).
When to apply / Deadlines
Application are now open. Since the Master has a limited number of places, early applications have a greater chance of being successful.
- Priority Consideration Deadline: February 1, 2017 / Deadline 2: March 15, 2017
Priority consideration deadlines are for all applicants. Students wanting to be considered for a scholarship are advised to apply by these deadlines as a majority of the scholarships will be assigned within these first two calls.
- Deadline 3: April 15, 2017 Some scholarships may still be available for deadline 3 but very limited. For greater chance to receive a scholarship it is advised to apply by the priority consideration deadlines.
- Deadline 4: May 15, 2017 / Deadline 5: June 30, 2017 No scholarships will be available.
- Deadline 6: September 29, 2017 (For applicants with an Italian bachelor only)
Maximum number of students admitted is 40.
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore reserves the right to cancel the master’s course should it not recruit a viable number of students.
- Anno accademico
- Sede didattica
Strategie e Sostenibiltà